Restorative cleaning refers to professional deep cleaning with the intent to return the carpet back to its brand new condition. This type of carpet cleaning should be performed before the soil in the carpet becomes visible. The basic steps for restorative cleaning are listed below.
1. Dry Soil Removal: First, basic and thorough vacuuming will remove dry soil.
2. Soil Suspension: Next, spray and agitate a soil removal chemical onto the carpet and then allow the chemical to sit for 15 minutes.
3. Extraction Cleaning: Extraction cleaning should be done with a high-powered vacuum that not only is able to remove suspended soil, but is able to remove embedded soil as well. Extraction cleaning is recognized as the only deep carpet cleaning method by professionals. Also, use a carpet-cleaning chemical that is safe for stain resistant carpet and is designed for extraction cleaning. Avoid using carpet-cleaning products that leave a sticky residue, as this will increase the chances of re-soiling.
4. Grooming: Only perform grooming on cut-pile carpet as this will decrease drying time and increase the appearance of the carpet.
5. Drying: Turn on fans and open the windows (weather permitting)! Increasing the airflow and air circulation will significantly reduce drying time.
Always refer to your carpet manufacture for warranty and specific cleaning information.
To read more about carpet care, check out the Carpet Floor Care Bulletin.
To see a line of Multi-Clean’s carpet care products, check out the Multi-Clean Carpet Care Product line.
For carpet cleaning equipments, check out the Minuteman Carpet Care Product line.
Carpet cleaning is աidеly reported incorrectly, and chemical develoρers only
in the last decade created new tеchnology carpet carе.
When produced at the highest sеtting, alkaline
water is a pοwerful cleaner. gallons of water combination one cup of vinegar and
clean tҺe carpet utilizing this tyрe of device
using this mixture and next change it to water.
Awesome information regarding carpet cleaning and its processes. Many do not know the proper steps and procedures that must be kept in line when attempting to properly clean carpets, or any other flooring for that matter. We do this professionally, and found the information contained in this article to be concise and sufficient for proper carpet cleaning techniques.