Hand Washing: Proper Hand Washing Techniques
Do you have proper hand washing techniques? Keeping hands clean is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria. A study conducted by the Michigan State University indicated that about 5% of people properly washed their hands long enough to eliminate infection-causing germs. Here are a few tip that you can follow to make sure that you have the proper hand washing techniques.
- Pre-wet your hands with clean water, turn off, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together. Make sure to lather the backside of your hands, in between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry.
Hand sanitizers can also be used if soap and water is not available. Hand sanitizers are most effective when hands are not visibly dirty.
For a listing of Multi-Clean hand soaps and sanitizers, please visit Multi-Clean’s Skin Care Webpage.