Carpet cleaning mistakes can ruin your carpet. According to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), there are eight common carpet cleaning mistakes to avoid.
- Vigorously scrubbing a carpet stain.
- Not acting fast enough.
- Using the wrong cleaning product.
- Not testing a new cleaning solution.
- Using a deodorizing powder incorrectly.
- Using too much chemical to clean.
- Never having your carpet professionally cleaned.
- Renting faulty carpet cleaning equipment.
If a professional were to clean your carpet, make sure that the professional is certified in the latest carpet cleaning method. This includes the ANSI/IICRC S100 Standard for Professional Cleaning of Textile Floor Covering. There are also resources that are available to help aid in carpet cleaning such as the Proper Carpet Cleaning and Care blog and the Carpet Care Guide Sheets. Remember to always consult your carpet manufacturer for the appropriate cleaning techniques and your carpet warranty information.
For a listing of Multi-Clean carpet care products, please visit Multi-Clean’s Carpet Care Products Webpage.